Missouri A+ Scholarship Program
- Enter into written agreement with Camdenton High School prior to high school graduation. The Camdenton High School A+ Program written agreement form can be downloaded by CLICKING HERE.
- Attend a designated A+ School for three consecutive years prior to high school graduation. Camdenton High School has been designated as an A+ School.
- Earn a 2.5 or higher cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale upon graduation.
- Have at least 95% attendance record for the four-year high school period.
- Perform 50 hours of unpaid school-based tutoring or mentoring of other students of which up to 25% may include job shadowing. The 50 hours are accumulated throughout high school; it is not 50 hours per year. The A+ Coordinator will meet with each A+ program student to determine the best placement for the student and needed activity. The student's academic responsibilities, along with any after school involvement, are taken into consideration when placing students. Students will log service hours electronically using a Google Sheet CLICK HERE. See directions below.
- Maintained a record of good citizenship and avoidance of the unlawful use of drugs.
- Completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on line prior to graduation. As of October 16, 2015, an individual must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident in order to receive reimbursement under the A+ Scholarship Program. Students that are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents are no longer eligible. This includes students with deferred action on childhood arrivals (DACA) status and eligible non-citizens that have a lawful immigration status but are not permanent residents.
- Register for Selective Service, if applicable.
- Achieve a score of Proficient or Advanced on the Algebra I End of Course exam or a higher level DESE approved end-of-course exam in the field of mathematics. Higher level DESE approved math assessments include the ACT Math Subscore (17), Compass Pre-Algebra (43) and Compass Algebra (1).
DIRECTIONS FOR DOWNLOADING THE GOOGLE LOG SHEET: (1) Log into your Camdenton Google account. (2) CLICK HERE to retrieve the A+ Service Log Sheet. (3) Click "File" in the top left hand corner of the screen. (4) Click "Make A Copy." (5) Save the sheet as first name last name school year A+ Service Log. (6) The log sheet will automatically be saved to your Camdenton Google Drive. Log Sheet has example tab and tabs for each month at the bottom of the spreadsheet. (7) Submit the log sheet to the A+ office at the end of each month.
After meeting the above requirements, students may receive reimbursement for tuition and general fees at any Missouri public community college or vocational-technical school. (Tuition reimbursement is contingent upon state funding, may be removed at any time, and is not the responsibility of Camdenton RIII School District). The tuition reimbursement will be within the amount appropriated annually by the state. Please view the 2016-2017 CAMDENTON A+ PROGRAM HANDBOOK for a complete description of the Missouri A+ Program at Camdenton High School.
To view lists of A+ eligible post-secondary establishments, click on the list of links below:
Technical Schools: CLICK HERE
Community Colleges: CLICK HERE
4-year Colleges and Universities: CLICK HERE