The Camdenton R-III School district commits to creating an environment that extends to the entire school community by fostering educational experience to ensure individuals reach their full potential and perform to their highest level. This will be accomplished through a set of comprehensive programs and services that provide opportunities for students to achieve their goals as measured by appropriate standards in an afterschool setting.
The Camdenton R-III School District promotes a collaborative learning environment where students and staff are motivated to maximize their potential. The district commits to excellence in student achievement.
* Guaranteed and viable curriculum linked to state standards and district curriculum
* Challenging goals and effective feedback
* Parent and community feedback and involvement
* Safe and orderly environment
* Dogwood Elementary Grades K-2
* Hawthorn Elementary Grades 3-4
* Oak Ridge Intermediate Grades 5-6
* Hurricane Deck Elementary Grades K-5
* Osage Beach Elementary Grades K-5
* Camdenton Middle School Grades 7-8
* Camdenton High School Grades 9-12
* Lake Career and Technical Center English Language Learners Grades K-12 & Adults
About 1,000 students and adults participate in the Afterschool programs district wide annually, out of approximately 4,200 students in the school district. Partipation in most program components is based on grant guidelines and referrals from school counselors, teachers, administrators and parents.
COMPONENTS OF AFTERSCHOOL SERVICES
* Open library before school
* Afterschool programs district wide
* Homework help
* High School Credit Recovery
* Fantastic Fridays (4-H, Writer's Club, Music lessons, etc...)
* Big Lakers/Little Lakers
* English Language Learners Programs
* SES Tutoring
* Robotics (High School FIRST , MS FLL & ORI)
FOOD SERVICES AND TRANSPORTATION
Food services and transportation are also essential components of PASS. Extended day activities begin immediately afterschool and end at 5:30 pm. Students receive a nutritious snack as they arrive. Evening transportation to designated drop off points is provided for students who need it, making the program as convenient as possible for parents.
The majority of funding for Camdenton R-III Afterschool services is provided through the federally funded 21st Century Community Learning Centers program that is administered by the Missouri Department of Education.